Moly Bond X-200
Moly Bond X-200 Universal Engine Oils
Moly Bond X200 15W-40 is a premium quality heavy-duty engine oil specially formulated for use in all types of on-highway and off-highway diesel engines, including the 1998 low-emissions certified engines, the 2002 low emissions diesel engines that are equipped with Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (EGR) Systems and in older on-highway and off-highway diesel engines.
It's blended from the finest solvent refined severely hydro-finished high viscosity index 100% paraffin base oils available. Blended into these 100% paraffin base oils is an exceptional high performance additive package and a highly shear stable viscosity index improver. This exceptional high performance additive package and highly shear stable viscosity index improver provides the Moly Bond X-200 SAE 15W-40 with the following performance benefits:
- Excellent wear and deposit protection of on-highway and off-highway low emission diesel engines and pre-1994 diesel engines
- Excellent wear and deposit protection of off-highway diesel engines that burn high sulfur diesel fuel.
- Exceptional thermal stability for outstanding performance at high engine operating temperatures.
- Excellent TBN retention for effective acid neutralization throughout the entire oil drain interval.
- High levels of TBN reserve for extended drain oil capability.
- Excellent soot dispersancy for protection against soot overloading, increases in viscosity eue to soot thickening and soot abrasive wear.
- All calcium based detergency to enhance high temperature piston cleanliness and protection against bore polishing.
- Increased engine cleanliness.
- Excellent shear stability for stay-in-grade performance throughout the entire oil drain interval.
- Excellent cold weather startability and pumpability for better cold temperature starts.
- Excellent anti-foaming properties to protect against aeration and foaming
- Superior low volatility characteristics to control oil consumption.
- Longer Filter Life for better engine protection.
- Excellent high temperature/high shear performance.
- Excellent oil film thickness and engine protection at high operating temperatures and shear rates.
- Superior valve-train wear protection.
- A substantial reduction in ring sticking and breaking.
- Excellent protection against soot overloading.
- Superior soot handling control.
- Reduced bearing wear and increased bearing life.
- Longer drain intervals for lower overall maintenance costs.
- Increased engine life and reduced maintenance costs due to downtime.
- Improved engine durability to keep equipment in 'as new' condition.
- Exceptional value by providing a contribution to reducing the total cost of operation.
Further blended into this oil is Micron Moly®, a liquid soluble type of moly that plates to the metal surfaces of the engine. This moly film will withstand pressures up to 500,000 pounds per square inch and, once plated, forms a long lasting lubricant film that prevents the metal surfaces from coming into contact with each other. By preventing metal-to-metal contact, damaging frictional wear is eliminated, thus leading to less downtime and longer equipment life.